Italian Steak And PastaFrom cookinggood 5 years ago
- 1 lb beef top round steak, 3/4" thick shopping list
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing, Fat Free works great shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic, Crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper shopping list
- 2tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 med zucchini, Quartered, cut into 1/4" slices shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 can diced italian seasoned tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 cups cooked farfalle (Bow Tie) pasta, cooked al dente shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
- Chopped fresh basil (optional) shopping list
- The last two ingredients are optional but they add a lot of flavor so I encourage you to use them! shopping list
How to make it
- Place beef, dressing and garlic in plastic bag. Close bag securely, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove Steak from marinade: discard marinade. Press black pepper evenly into both sides of steak.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add steak: cook 11 to 12 minutes for medium rate doneness, turning once. Remove steak. Season with salt if desired; keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat oil until hot. Add zucchini and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and red pepper. Cook 5 minute, stirring occasionally. Add pasta; heat through.
- Carve steak crosswise into thin slices. Serve with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.