Caramelized Chipolte ChickenFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 lg. garlic cloves,thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 med. onions chopped shopping list
- 1c ketchup shopping list
- 2 Tb Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 Tb packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped canned chipolte chiles in adobo sauce shopping list
- 1 Tb worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 Tb cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 whole chickens (about 3-1/2 lbs ea.) cut into 8 pieces each shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in 12" heavcy skillet over med-high heat until it shimmers. Cook garlic,stirring constantly,until golden,then transfer with slotted spoon to a plate. Reduce heat to med. and cook onions,stirring occasionally,until golden brown,about 15 mins.
- Add garlic and remaining ingredients,except chicken,to skillet with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and simmer,stirring occasionally,until sauce is slightly thickened,about 25 mins.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with rack in middle.
- Coar chicken with half of sauce,then roast,skin side up,in a heavy 17 x 11" heavy 4 sised sheet pan 25 mins.Remove from oven,brush with remaining sauce, then continue roasting until chicken is cooked through and well browned in spots,20 to 25 mins more.
- Sauce can be made 1 day ahead and chilled.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
WHOA! That is fantastic. ^5victoriaregina in USA loved it
Chipotle, cinnamon and brown sugar...what is not to love!!! Awesome dish. Must try this soon.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
You're making my mouth water. High 5....shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it