Banana Pudding Oh So YummyFrom wonderland_tina 6 years ago
- Pudding: shopping list
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk (you can use cow milk if you prefer) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten in a large cup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- vanilla wafers shopping list
- ripe bananas, about 4, sliced shopping list
- Meringue: shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 5 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- pinch of sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan whish together soy milk, flour, sugar and salt.
- Place pan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into the beaten eggs, then return this egg blend back to the pan.
- Return to med-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes more, or until custard thickens to a pudding-like consistency. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Spray a deep round or square casserole with non-stick spray. Cover bottom with a single layer of vanilla wafers, then top with a layer of sliced bananas. Spoon half the pudding on top, spreading to the edges. Make a second layer of vanilla wafers, bananas, and pudding.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat egg whites, adding the salt and sugar after it starts looking frothy. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, around 5 minutes.
- Spoon mounds of meringue onto the pudding, spreading to edges. Lightly tap the meringue with a fork to raise peaks. Bake unti golden, about 8 minutes.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Good still warm or cold from the refrigerator.