Green Coriander Chutney Hara Dhaniya ChutneyFrom dee 6 years ago
- 175-250 g (6-8 oz) fresh coriander leaves and tender stems shopping list
- 3 green chillies, de-seeded and washed shopping list
- 1/2 fresh coconut, grated or 50 g (2oz) desiccated coconut shopping list
- 5 cm (2-inch) fresh ginger shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 T Veg oil shopping list
- A pinch of asafoetida shopping list
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds shopping list
- 4 curry leaves, chopped coarsel shopping list
How to make it
- Wash coriander, drain well to remove any excess moisture.
- Place the first 7 ingredients on a food processor and blend till smooth. If necessary you can add a little more lemon juice to help in the blending.
- Remove to a serving dish.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the asafoetida, mustard seeds and curry leaves till the mustard seeds POP and Crackle!
- Pour the oil and spices over the chutney, cover the dish and leave for 5 mins.
- Mix well, adjust the seasoning and add some more lemon juice if necessary and serve chilled.
- *** I did have to add more lemon juice then I thought I might, but then I used dessicated coconut and not the fresh so that might be why, but either way just make it to your likeing for consistancy and there ya go!***