Lamberts Famous Throwed Hot RollsFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 package dry active yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup tepid water ( 105 to 110 degrees F) shopping list
- 1 cup warm milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg beaten ( at room temperature) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the 1 teaspoon of sugar and yeast in tepid water. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes until yeast begins to foam. Thoroughly mix milk, butter, sugar, egg and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in the yeast mixture and 3 1/2 cups of the flour, adding a bit more if necessary to make a soft pliable dough. Turn dough out on floured board and let rest while you clean and butter bowl. Knead dough gently, 4 to 5 minutes, adding flour if necessary, until dough is smooth and silky.
- Return to bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place until doubled in size.
- Butter a 12 cup muffin tin. Punch down dough. Pinch off pieces about 1 1/2 inches in diameter ( enough to fill 1/2 of muffin cup), and roll into smooth spheres. Place two such pieces in each prepared muffin cup. ( It should be a tight fit). Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake rolls 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown. Serve as soon as they are cool enough to throw.
- Makes 12 rolls.
- I will say i never seen them put plastic wrap on them back then, when you made 4 pans of these at one time and bake and take out, then throw them to people, more has to be bake while they are being throwed, so you mix everything up and make more while hundreds of people seek more of them, but for home cooking it might be the thing to do.....thought i mention that
- but this recipes is close to what i remember to make them, in fact another ex-employee also say it is and he should know, he made them