2009 Plans

• notyourmomma 14 years ago
    Anyone care to share?
    Flag
  • mrtnzangel8 14 years ago said:
    We'll see...I always seem to get ambitious with it the first of the month and then when the realization of the whole thing and the people....then I get freaked. LOL

Thinking we will go small this year.
    Flag
  • pleclare 14 years ago said:
    Pretty much do the same every year. Turkey,stuffing,mashed potato,bourbon sweet potato,turnip,peas and mushrooms,creamed onions,2 kinds od cranberry sauce,rolls. Then of course dessert-always apple and then whatever I decide.
    Flag
  • notyourmomma 14 years ago said:
    We haven't decided either which house will be the host house. Don't know if Fred will be home or not from rehab, we may just end up eating with him. Liv always has the teen church dinner and football to fall back on if she doesn't want to hang out with us.
    Flag
  • angelgal 14 years ago said:
    I've got 15 adults, a toddler, and an infant coming for dinner...ALL family! Don't know where I'm going to put everyone for a sit-down dinner, but we'll figure it out! Menu will be what it is every year...just MORE of it! Can't believe it's that time of the year again!
    Flag
    Time flies doesn't it?

Did ya'll see the coupon for all the fixings for a dinner at Walmart? for 20.00 dollars!!!!
    It was quite a deal.
    Flag
  • valinkenmore 14 years ago said:
    We are going to a friends for Thanksgiving. I get the chore of making 10 lbs. of mashed potatoes, make the gravy when I get there and bring a pumpkin and pecan pie. Yum, can't wait. My friend is making her turkey like Martha Stewart - split down the back with the backbone cut out and laid our flat to bake ???? Never heard of such a thing but I guess I will experience it this year!
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Flag
  • pat2me 14 years ago said:
    I'm going to my son's, I have a request for French Onion soup, deviled eggs and Savory Sweet Potato bread this year.
    Flag
    I had thought Fred would be at the hospital still and wasn't making plans. But he will be HOME!!! So we simply must have a meal of Thanksgiving together, even if it just the three of us. The hardest part will be scaling it back to a smaller meal. Doesn't everyone have a favorite that simply must be made??

I know we will have brussel sprouts with sausage and browned leeks. That was a huge hit last year. I'll brine a small bird and roast it. Mashed potatoes Fred's favorite. Cranberry apple relish with a bit of brandy.

mmm, French onion soup sounds so good.
    That MS turkey prep sounds labor intensive, interesting to look at and a shorter cook time, I'm sure.

Just read a recipe for a chunky pumpkin pie.....quite a diiferent pie with fresh sugar and spice pumpkins.
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →