Thanksgiving for 2?

• ksfoodjunkie 16 years ago
    It may well just be my 7yrold and I this year. So we don't need the huge meal. Any ideas for interesting stuff to try?
    Flag
  • dancegypsy67 16 years ago said:
    One year I made cornish game hens for two. It made sense to me since I don't really like leftover turkey. And that way, you'd each get your own "turkey". LOL
    Flag
  • notyourmomma 16 years ago said:
    Bake your own little sweet potato, cut open, scoop out the inside, add some cinnamon butter, nuts and a few marshmallows and bake a litte more to toast the marshmallows.

Or bake one acorn squash, halve and fill with some sausage, dried cranberry and corn bread stuffing

Remember those fun bright red cinnamon apple slices, dice them up with some walnuts, celery, bananas and a little mayonnaise dressing. Kids like that a lot.

I get those individual graham cracker crusts and make a little pumpkin pie with a small can of real pumpkin, or make a gingerbread and pumpkin parfaits for two! With lots of whipped cream.

And for something green? grated zucchini sauteed with a little onion, garlic and dressed with a touch of sour cream, and a pinch of nutmeg. One or two zucchini is perfect for just two.

Flag
  • tnacndn 16 years ago said:
    I agree with ksfoodjunkie. My brother and his wife live in Branson,MO and don't get to come visit us for Thanksgiving so they always have cornish game hens for their dinner since it is just the 2 of them
    Flag
  • linebb956 16 years ago said:
    If it is just hubby and I ... we do a turkey breast with bone.. that way I can freeze the left overs we don't eat.. And the bone... I simmer and make a stock for soup later. The breast is great on sandwiches! I do a small dressing in with and bake sweetpotatoes at the same time.. I make twice baked sweet potatoes for him.. I have to have my mashed with gravy! I love Thanksgiving!
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →