MatambreFrom 22566 4 years ago
- 1-1/2 Pound boneless round steak shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 4 oz Fully cooked smoked ham,thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tomatoes,chopped shopping list
- 1 4oz Can mild green chilies,chopped,drained shopping list
- 1 onion,chopped shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic,finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Dry bread Crumbs shopping list
- 1 Medium carrot shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4 Cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 Bay Leaf shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from beef,pound with mallet until about 1/4" thick.
- Sprinkle beef with 1-1/2 teaspoon salt,oregano,and pepper.
- Place ham evenly on beef.
- Arrange the tomatoes,chilies,onion,garlic and bread crumbs on ham.
- Cut carrot lengthwise into halves,then cut halves lenghtwise into 3 strips,space evenly over ham,sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Carefully roll up beef (Jelly roll fashion) fasten with string.
- Heat oil in heavy pan,brown beef roll on all sides.
- Drain fat,add water,vinegar,Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf.
- Cover and place in 350 degree over for about 1-1/2 hours,or until beef is tender.
- Remove strings,cut beef into 1" slices,serve with the pan broth.
- ~Red Beans and Rice is a nice companion ~
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating7 people
NICE!!! Love it....^5
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
love it!victoriaregina in USA loved it
I haven't made a recipe recipe like this in ages... Great Post!!! five forks
peetapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!