GLAZED SHRIMP WITH LEMON-GARLIC BUTTER SAUCEFrom hot_it_up 6 years ago
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dark cane syrup shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or clam juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 stick butter quartered shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl toss together shrimp, cane syrup, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil to medium and cook shrimp until browned.
- They will brown due to the syrup instead of turning pink.
- Remove shrimp from pan and keep warm. Add garlic and cook until slightly brown.
- Stir in white wine, chicken broth, lemon juice and thyme. Lower fire and simmer for 5 minutes, until reduced by half.
- Lower heat as low as it will go and stir in chilled butter until it is melted. Remove from heat and return shrimp to pan and toss with butter sauce.
- Have plenty of your favorite crusty bread to dip in the butter sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating6 people
Sounds great man, I gotta give this a shot! I'll be bringing home some shrimp from the market tomorrow! 5! Thanks, Dooleydooley in Krum loved it
OMG! This sounds good!justjakesmom in Everett loved it
yum!!! five forks
peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!