Baked Ziti With Spinach and Smoked GoudaFrom glmulligan 7 years ago
- 8 oz uncooked ziti shopping list
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 c chopped onion shopping list
- 1 c chopped yellow bell pepper (it's still good if you leave this out!) shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 can diced tomoatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano shopping list
- 1 can italian seasoned diced tomatoes shopping list
- 4 c baby spinach shopping list
- 1 1/4 c shredded, smoked gouda cheese, divided (can substitute smoked cheddar) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and pepper, saute 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan, saute 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach to pan; cook 30 seconds or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Add pasta and 3/4 c cheese to tomato mixture, tossing well to combine.
- Spoon pasta mixture into an 11x7" baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 c cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
- **Note: I usually have plain diced tomatoes on hand so I use those and add my own spices instead of buying the ones with the seasonings already added.
People Who Like This Dish 63
The Cookglmulligan Carmel, IN
The Rating6 people
I made this for Scott the other night who swears he "hates" spinach and he gobbled it up! Thanks.bemontgomery in Fishers loved it
This sounds absolutely scrumptious!!!! Trying this one this weekend!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I was uncertain about the can of diced tomatoes and the Italian seasoned diced tomatoes so I went with just one can of tomatoes that I seasoned myself.
This dish turned out nice and cheesy with that great smoked gouda taste! While it was ...moreariadnebarzane in Phoenix loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!