Indian Shrimp CurryFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 2 medium white onions finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- Shrimp: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2" piece of cinnamon stick shopping list
- 3 pounds medium shrimp cooked and deveined shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 1 cup fish stock shopping list
- 6 whole black peppercorns shopping list
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all spice ingredients in an electric blender and process until a moist paste is formed. Heat oil in a large skillet over moderate heat and add spice mixture and cinnamon stick.
- Cook stirring frequently for 8 minutes then add shrimp and stir until they are coated.
- Add lime juice, stock and peppercorns then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes then remove lid and let sauce reduce 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick before serving garnished with chopped cilantro.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Wow... this will be so tasty with the homemade curry.. Thanks Cat..
I know why there are so few old cookbooks here in Texas now. You have them all! LOLlinebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!