Apple Maple Cream PieFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1 recipe pastry for double-crust pie (see recipe below) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 cups sliced, peeled apples (6 medium) shopping list
- 1/2 cup maple-flavored syrup or pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- milk shopping list
- sugar or maple syrup shopping list
- ......................................................................................... shopping list
- pastry for double-crust pie shopping list
- In a mixing bowl, stir together 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 2/3 cup shortening until pieces are peasize. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cold water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon cold water at a time, until all the dough is moistened (6 to 7 tablespoons cold water total). Divide dough in half. Form each half into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten 1 dough ball. roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Continue as directed above. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Prepare and roll out pastry for double-crust pie. Line a 9-inch pie plate with half of the pastry. Set aside.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, stir together the 1/3 cup sugar, the cornstarch, and the salt. Add the apples and gently toss until coated.
- 3. In a small bowl, stir together maple syrup, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour over apple mixture. Fold until combined. Transfer to the pastry-lined pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
- 4. Roll out remaining pastry and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips. (Or roll out second portion of pastry to form a top crust; cut slits.) Weave strips over filling for lattice crust. Press ends of strips into crust rim. Fold bottom pastry over strips; seal and crimp edge. Brush pastry with milk and sprinkle with sugar. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. If you like, place the pie on a baking sheet to catch drips.
- 5. Bake the pie in a 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil. Bake the pie for about 30 minutes more or until the top is golden. Serve warm or cool. Makes 8 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating12 people
Sounds so yummy. I was planning to make an apple pie for the holiday weekend and now I think it will be this one. Your mother really knows what is good!! A five for her.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
This sounds so good! I love maple and it would complement the apples really well. I printed this one and I hope to try it soon! ~Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!