Mushroom and Egg CasseroleFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 4 slices prosciutto (about 1-1/2 ounces) or bacon shopping list
- 8 scallions or green onions, thinly sliced (about 2/3 cup) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 pound fresh shiitake* and/or button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (10 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large skillet, cook prosciutto or bacon until crisp; drain off drippings and crumble prosciutto or bacon. Set aside.
- 2. Wipe pan clean. Cook scallions in same skillet in butter or margarine over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and pepper. Stir in cheese and the mushroom mixture. Pour into a greased 2-quart rectangular (12x7-1/2x2-inch) baking dish.
- 4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted off-center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Makes 6 servings.
- Remove and discard the tough stems from the shiitake mushrooms before slicing them.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating13 people
Looks gorgeous and sounds delish, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Nice Sunday brunch meal!!!
TerryRterryr in Vallejo loved it
Its in the oven now! Its my tonites dinner..did it with mushrooms, onions, spinach and cilantro topped with bacon and green sauce...mmmmmmguerrero in SAN FERNANDO loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!