Ina Garten Onion DipFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 large yellow onions shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the onions in half and then slice them into 1/8-inch thick half-rounds. (You will have about 3 cups of onions.)
- Heat the butter and oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, cayenne, salt, and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized.
- Allow the onions to cool.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth.
- Add the onions and mix well.
- Taste for seasonings
- Serve with chips, veges etc.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
wow! gotta luv this thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yummmm, I think Ina Garten is an excellent cook and this onion dip looks amazingly delicious.peepers in loved it
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Onion Junkies100 members
Sauces And Dippings24 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Appetizers And Dips267 members
Television TV Famous Chefs67 members
Its Party Time97 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Butter Is Better67 members