Smoked Pork RoastFrom bondc 5 years ago
How to make it
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and herbs all over the roast and let it sit at room temperature for two hours. At an hour and a half, start the charcoal in your smoker, and soak 7 or 8 wood chunks in water.
- When the fire burns down and the coals are covered with grey ash, drain the chunks thoroughly. Fill the water pan beneath the grill with cider, and place the roast on the grill above it (if you use your grill instead of a smoker, you'll cook the roast on the other side of the grill from the fire, so put a pan under the grill and fill it with cider).
- Add the drained chunks to the top of the coals, close the lid, and smoke for an hour. Check and see if you need to add more wood. If the flame starts to die, add more charcoal. Check every 30 minutes or so, and adjust accordingly. You do not need to turn the roast, but when the water pan runs dry, add more cider.
- This will take about an hour per pound.
- The roast will be moist and juicy, tender, and have an incredibly smoky flavor.