Bacon and Chicken DumplingsFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- Slices bacon shopping list
- 6 Large potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 onions, diced shopping list
- 8 chicken breast Halves, skinless, boneless , diced shopping list
- 6 Cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons poultry seasoning shopping list
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 Can whole kernel corn, (15.25 ounce), drained and rinsed shopping list
- 6 Cups half-and-half shopping list
- 3 Cups biscuit mix shopping list
- 2 Cups whole milk shopping list
How to make it
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until it is evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Reserve the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Add the potatoes, chicken and onion to the bacon drippings and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the chicken broth.
- Season with the salt, fresh ground black pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Stir in the corn, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the half-and-half and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the crumbled bacon.
- Combine the biscuit mix with the whole milk in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Drop tablespoon sizes of dough into the boiling mixture.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered, then another 10 minutes covered.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
Love this recipe. sounds like a good comfort food.Thanks High 5buttercup21 in loved it
I could go for some right now!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
five forks...yumpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it