Yeast Cornmeal RollsFrom midgelet 5 years ago
How to make it
- Scald milk and cool to warm.
- Mix cornmeal in boiling water and let sit 10 minutes.
- Add yeast to warm water and let sit foamy.
- add milk and salt and mix well.
- Add butter, sugar, yolks and mix well. gradually add to
- warm cornmeal mixture.
- Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead smooth and elastic on floured surface.
- let rise double in a greased bowl.
- Punch down and let rise double again.
- Shape into 2 1/2 inch balls( or larger, one ball to a muffin tin ) and place in greased muffin tins.
- Let rise double.
- bake 400 about 18 minutes or until golden.
- all rising are necessary to produce the lightest texture.
- Amount depends on how large your dough balls are, size of
- tins etc
- .Best eaten warm.
- Reheats well even after being frozen
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
I luv these rolls made them wonderful flavor and aroma high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I have never heard of cornmeal in yeast rolls. Must try!m2googee in Tomball loved it
How very different! I wish I had one right now!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it