Chicken SurpriseFrom peetabear 3 years ago
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/3 pounds) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded smoked Rofumo cheese or smoked Gouda, Edam or cheddar cheese (4 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or other cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast half. Stuff each pocket with about 1/4 cup of cheese. Secure openings with wooden toothpicks, if needed.
- 2. In a shallow dish, stir together flour, salt and pepper. Place eggs in another shallow dish, and place bread crumbs in a third shallow dish. Coat stuffed chicken breasts in flour mixture. Dip floured chicken in beaten eggs, then coat well with bread crumbs.
- 3. In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 2 to 3 minutes per side or till browned.
- 4. Transfer skillet to a 375 degree F oven and bake, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or till chicken no longer is pink. Makes 4 servings.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating9 people
With cheese and all the other goodies, I can stand a boneless breast. Might surprise myself with a chili stuffed in there.:)
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Peeta where are these recipes coming from I love chicken and cheeseravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
Great post - gouda would be my favorite!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!