Bananas Foster KabobsFrom hot_it_up 7 years ago
- 12 2” squares of banana nut bread shopping list
- 3 bananas cut into 12 chunks shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- Splash of milk shopping list
- butter for browning bread shopping list
- 4 skewers shopping list
- Caramel Sauce: shopping list
- 2 cups root beer (do not use diet) shopping list
- 1 cap of rum flavoring shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Boil root beer and rum flavoring in a heavy medium saucepan until it is reduced to 2/3 cup, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the sugar into the same pan. Drizzle water over so all sugar is moistened.
- Cook over high heat, stirring often, until mixture turns a rich amber color, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter.
- When it melts, stir it in and add the cream and reduced root beer. Return to high heat and heat to a boil. Whisk vigorously. Remove from heat.
- While cooling beat egg in a bowl with a splash of milk . Dip the nut bread in the mixture and brown in butter on each side like French toast.
- Place 3 squares of bread and three banana chunks on each skewer and top with warm caramel sauce. Serve with a side of ice cream
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating6 people
Sound interesting! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Ooo-la-la. Great combo. Sounds Dee-lish! Luv your idea, Jeff. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Can't wait to give it a try.californiacook in loved it
WOW... ... this sounds over the top good...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!