How To Froth Milk By HandFrom michellem 5 years ago
- milk shopping list
- This really does work ..I just tried it this morning and was thrilled with all the froth.. I used skim milk too. I whipped super fast with a small whisk and tilted the cup to the side. After that I stuck in the micorwave for 4 min. with out stopping it, and it came out looking better then a fancy latte at the coffee shop! shopping list
How to make it
- Pour desired amount of milk in microwavable bowl, I would recommend about 1 1/3 - 1 1/2 cups but you may add more or less depending on the desired amount of frothed milk. Conventional whole milk is best, the lower in fat the harder the milk will be to froth.
- Step 2:Keep the bowl slightly tilted to the side, so that the milk is gathered more towards one side. Using the hand whisk, very (very) quickly, whisk cold milk in the bowl for about 90-120 seconds. Remember frothing milk requires that air gets into the milk, try and whisk more towards the top-center of where the milk has gathered, so that the whisk is blending more air with the milk per whisk stroke. If milk is not frothy after 120 seconds continue whisking in additional 30-60 second intervals, remember time may vary depending on how fast you whisk the milk, the type of milk used, and the depth of the whisk in the milk. For smaller amounts of milk, a smaller hand whisk may work better.
- Step 3: Place milk in the microwave. Microwave times will vary depending on microwave and amount, but for a cup microwave on HIGH for 7-10 seconds, any additional heating I would recommend be done in 7-10 second intervals.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating7 people
Thanks!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
great post michellem I am looking forward to the winter drink.LOLmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thanks for the advice. We usually just toss some warm milk into a blender and voila, frothed milk!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!