slowcooked brisketFrom asheats 6 years ago
- · 1 3-pound beef brisket, trimmed shopping list
- · 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large onion (about 1 1/2 cups), coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark beer (such as porter or stout) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 8 kaiser (or other sandwich) rolls shopping list
How to make it
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the brisket, brown on all sides, and transfer to a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Slow-cook, covered, until the meat is very tender — 8 hours. Remove the meat, place it on a cutting board, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Reserve the sauce. Carve brisket into thin slices and divide it among kaiser rolls topped with reserved sauce.
- Serve warm.
The Cookasheats BIG BEAR LAKE, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!