My Apple Mead Or Homemade Apple Honey WineFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
- 1 five gallon water bottle shopping list
- A couple of large heavy duty rubber bands shopping list
- 1 super sized ballon, they have those torpedo balloons now, I am going to try those shopping list
- 4 gallons of apple juice shopping list
- honey lots and lots of honey shopping list
- yeast, not quick rise, they do have brewers yeast, which I will be using the next time, but I always just use baking yeast up till now, and it works fine for me! I know people who just throw in bread and the yeast in it start up the fermentation. shopping list
How to make it
- First place a couple of the rubber bands on the neck of the bottle, nice and tightly wrapped.
- Fill the bottom of the five gallon bottle with honey, I do between one and two inches deep of the golden stuff! I like me some sweet honey wine!!
- Pour in one gallon of the apple juice.
- Put the lid on the bottle and shake as best as you can until well mixed!
- Now add the other 3 gallons of apple juice.
- Add warm water, NOT hot, to the point where the bottle starts to curve.
- You want to leave that top part empty, do NOT over fill.
- Put on the lid and kinda swish it all together.
- Now put in the yeast. I buy that brown bottle of yeast from the store. I use half of it. I ca not tell you how much that is.
- Swish again with lid on.
- Now take off the lid.
- Put the open end of the ballon as far down the neck of the bottle as you can.
- And then roll the rubber bands up the neck/balloon and place them about and inch apart to keep the balloon on.
- You do not want bad bactria getting into the honey wine and making Honey Vinegar.
- This needs to be kept warmish. NOT hot, and not too cold. 60's is good.
- I push it into the corner of my bedroom and forget it for a six-ish weeks.
- The balloon will fill up and then go back down while this ferments.
- When the balloon is on its way back down you may bottle this.
- Or drink it right away if you want, it may be a little harsh.
- I bottle it by getting one of those tubes with the slider on it that starts and stops the flow.
- Suck the wine to get it started, stop the flow, put end in bottle, fill, stop flow, get new bottle, fill, repeat, repeat, repeat, until done....Hic!!!
- Do NOT let the tube near the bottle of the 5 gallon bottle.
- You do not want all that settlement in your bottles.
- You want it to be golden and clear.
- Get out as much into bottles as you can, drink the settlement if you want or use it to cook pork with!!! YES!
- If you are going to use it for cooking bottle it to just make it clearly so you do not serve it to SOBER friends and family!
- Take the bottles and put them in a cool place to mellow. I had a wine rack built under the end of my mobile home when I first started this.
- Yes there was a lock on the door! But my boyfriend got the key and drank it all anyway, sigh....
- After about 6 weeks I start using it.
- If you want this for Yule you need to start it up pretty soon!!!
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating10 people
I do the same but with pumpkins..... I cant wait to try this one though.coldfan01 in Oak Harbor loved it
wow apple wine .......yummm ive had something similar its great!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great!! thanks high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Wine Lovers101 members
Irish Cooking63 members
Medieval And Renaissance Researchers37 members
Irish All The Way97 members
Its Great To Be Irish39 members
Kitchen Magick63 members
World Of Warcraft Cooks4 members
Witches Kitchen70 members
Lady Tuilelaiths Kitchen3 members