Pumpkin Pecan Rum CakeFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 3/4 c chopped pecans shopping list
- 3 c flour shopping list
- 2 Tbs pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 c (2 sticks) butter,softened shopping list
- 1 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 4 lg. eggs shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- rum butter glaze (recipe follows) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 12-cup bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom.
- Combine flour,pumpkin pie spice,baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butterbrown sugar and sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs;beat well. Add pumpkin and vanilla;beat well Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture,one third at a time,mixing well after each addition. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 mins or till wooden pick comes out clean. Cool 10 mins.
- Make holes in cake with long pick;pour half the glaze over the cake. Let stand 5 mins. and invert on plate. Make holes in top of cake;pour remaining glaze over cake. Cool. Garnish as desired
- Rum Butter Glaze: Melt 1/4c butter in small saucepan;stir in 1/2 c sugar and 2 Tbs. water Bring to boil. Remove from heat;stir in 2 to 3 Tbs dark rum or 1 tsp. rum extract.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
ooh Pat... great post..!! five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
this sounds yummy. it's a nice change from having the same stuff for the hoildays.rebecc96052 in Okeechobee loved it
WOW !!! THIS IS GREAT PLECLARE MY TYPE OF CAKE YUMMMMMMMMminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it