Quick and Easy EnchiladasFrom knoxcop 5 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cup (8 oz) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 8 oz Cheezy Does It or Velveeta cheese, cubed shopping list
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies (or adjust to taste) shopping list
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimento, drained shopping list
- 12 6 inch corn tortillas shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion and garlic until all color is gone from the beef. Drain. Stir in cheddar cheese and set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix the chicken soup, Cheezy Does It (or Velveeta), and milk. Heat, stirring, over medium heat until hot and cheese has melted. Stir in chilies and pimento.
- In a large skillet, fry the tortillas, one at a time, in the oil until golden on each side. Drain on paper towels. Place a scant ¼ cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla, roll and place seam side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- When all have been placed in the pan, pour the cheese sauce over the top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 deg about 25 to 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and the enchiladas are heated through.