Caramel CornFrom alaskanmom 8 years ago
How to make it
- Butter or spray a large piece of foil; set aside
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popped popcorn and keep warm in oven in a large roasting pan while making the caramel mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter & corn syrup.
- Cook & stir over medium heat until the mixture boils.
- Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan & continue to cook & stir over medium heat to 255 degrees, hard ball stage(about 4 minutes).
- Remove saucepan from heat, & stir in baking soda & vanilla.
- Pour mixture over popcorn; sprinkle with salt if desired & stir gently to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more salt if desired & stir mixture then bake for 5 minutes more.
- Spread caramel corn on prepared foil to cool.
- **Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
The Cookalaskanmom Wasilla, AK
The Rating4 people
I ended up making 12 batches of this over the holidays... family couldn't get enough! Needless to say, I've memorized this recipe. LOLwarsawnan in Warsaw loved it
Ooh-sounds wonderful! I love caramel corn,and since nobody else in my house eats it,I don't have to share...ha ha!
Thanks for a great post.I am going to make it this weekend.
Carrie :)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
Step 12 is hilarious!!!! Ya right, it barely lasted the movie!!imhungry in northern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!