Whacky Baked Carrot And Turnip FriesFrom grumblebee 5 years ago
- 4 or 5 large turnips shopping list
- 4 or 5 medium carrots shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup garlic flavoured croutons **** shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- ****note**** you may use plain croutons and add in a 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Peel and cut turnips and carrots into skinny matchsticks. Place in a bowl and toss with vegetable oil until evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a large ziplock bag, place the croutons and close the bag tight. With a rolling pin (or other heavy object) roll over the bag until the croutons are smashed into medium/fine crumbs.
- Open bag, add in parmesan and salt and pepper. Close bag and shake to combine.
- Drop the oil coated vegetable sticks into the bag with seasoned crumbs and shake until coated with crumb mixture. (you may have to do this in batches if all the sticks wont fit at once)
- Place coated sticks on a lightly oiled baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15-25 minutes depending on vegetable thickness. Turn halfway through cooking to ensure even crispness. :)