Lentil-vegetable-kielbasa Slow Cooker Stew - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- %-6 Quart Slow Cooker shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes, or low sodium( Contadina ) shopping list
- 6-oz tomato paste, or low sodium ( Contadina ) shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- ¾ tsp. dried basil shopping list
- ¾ tsp. Dried thyme shopping list
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 Lb. dried lentils, rinsed and drained with any stones removed shopping list
- 1 Large onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 carrots, cut into ½ -inch rounds shopping list
- 4 celery stalks, cut into ½ -inch slices shopping list
- 3 cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 large red potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 1 24-oz can seasoned mustard greens or turnip greens shopping list
- 1 Lb. Light turkey kielbasa, sliced into ½ -inch rounds shopping list
- Dash of salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine water, tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, red wine, basil, thyme, crushed red pepper in slow cooker. Stir to blend.
- Add lentils, onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, garlic, greens and kielbasa.
- Cook on ( Low 10-12 hours or on High 4-5 hours.
- At the last hour add the 24-oz can of seasoned mustard greens or turnip greens.
- Serve with chopped basil, parsley, hot sauce or sour cream for garnish.
- A Diabetic Friendly
- have modified the origianl recipe to a lower Sodiun, and lower carbohydrate by cutting the serving size and low sodium tomato and tomato paste.
- Portion size from 10 change to 12
- Calories per serving: 265, Fat: 1g, Sodium: 240mg , Carbohydrate: 40g
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
Great post! Five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
This would be good
i like to slow cookhungrybear in Miner loved it
SOund very good!! like it!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Everyday Chefs68 members
Family Favourites134 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb120 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Crock Potslow Cooker199 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Soups And Stews106 members
Slow Cookers Unite48 members