Sweet Potato Pecan Waffles with Praline PeachesFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, toasted pecans, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes or yams in light syrup, not drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup 2% milk shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk waffle mix shopping list
- 2 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) light sliced peaches, or sliced peaches in juice, not drained shopping list
- 1 can (8.5 ounces) light sliced peaches, or sliced peaches in juice, not drained shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- Non-stick spray oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat for 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons chopped pecans and brown sugar. Stir until sugar melts and coat the nuts; be careful that they do not burn; set aside.
- Purée sweet potatoes with their liquid and milk in a blender until smooth; set aside.
- Preheat a non-stick waffle iron. Mix waffle mix, sweet potato mixture and egg yolks in a large bowl until well combined. Stir in the remaining, uncooked pecans; set aside
- Beat egg whites in a clean bowl with a whisk until they hold a shape and fold into the waffle batter; set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, strain juice from peaches into a large skillet. Stir in honey and boil over high heat until lightly thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in peaches and reserved sugar-glazed pecans; keep warm.
- Lightly coat the interior of the preheated waffle iron with spray oil. Pour about 1/3 of batter onto the hot waffle iron and cook until puffed, brown and crisp, according to manufacturer’s directions. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately with peach topping.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating6 people
Wow! That really is some breakfast!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Wow! Love this recipe!
5 forks...and thanks for sharing...pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
sounds sooooo good..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!