White Chocolate Maraschino BarsFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp sweet rice flour (optional, for tenderness) shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced, drained maraschino cherries shopping list
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease and line a 9x13" pan with parchment.
- Combine flours and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter and shortening until the dough mealy. Stir in lemon extract.
- Press into the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk 1/4 cup flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture, followed by the coconut, cherries, and white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Chill before cutting and serving.