Gluten Free Chocolate pecan Cake with pecan caramel coconut sauceFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups broken pecans shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped sweet baking chocolate shopping list
- 1/4 cup Dutch processed or unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- ................................................................................ shopping list
- toasted coconut-Pecan caramel sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 12.25-ounce jar caramel ice cream topping shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Grease a 9x1-1/2-inch round cake pan; line bottom with waxed paper. Grease waxed paper; set pan aside. In a blender or food processor, combine pecans, sugar, chopped chocolate, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Cover; blend or process till nuts are ground. Add eggs and vanilla. Blend or process till nearly smooth.
- 2. Spread nut mixture in the prepared pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 30 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean.
- 3. Remove from oven. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- 4. To serve, cut into 16 wedges. Place 1 wedge on each dessert plate, drizzle with sauce. Place another wedge on top at a different angle. Drizzle with more sauce.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Toasted Coconut-Pecan Caramel Sauce
- Spread 1/2 cup flaked coconut and 1/2 cup chopped pecans in a thin layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake the coconut and nuts in a 350 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or till the coconut is toasted and the nuts are golden brown, stirring once or twice. Remove from oven. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 12.25-ounce jar caramel ice cream topping (room temperature), coconut and pecans. Serve immediately or heat slightly in microwave before serving.
- Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
That coconut caramel pecan sauce is sinful! This looks so good. Five from me.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Hum!!! i mean Yum!!! high 5 on the recipes!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Humyum! I like it :) loljett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!