BEEF TENDERLOIN STEAKS WITH SMOKY BACON BOURBON SAUCEFrom hungrybear 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups canned beef broth shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 fresh thyme sprig shopping list
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 4 1-inch-thick beef tenderloin steaks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon bourbon shopping list
How to make it
- Boil wine and garlic in heavy medium saucepan until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Add next 5 ingredients; boil until reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Set sauce aside. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet. Add flour to drippings in skillet; whisk to blend. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in another heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to plates.
- Mix bacon and bourbon into sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over steaks.