Rice and Blackeyed PeasFrom lanabade 4 years ago
- 1/4 lb. bacon,sliced and diced shopping list
- 1/4 il. breakfast sausage,crumbled shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups onions ,diced shopping list
- 3 tblsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 cup celery peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 tbls. paprika shopping list
- 1 12 oz. bottle of beer shopping list
- 5 cups of a good chicken stock shopping list
- 1 small ham bone shopping list
- 3 cups fresh black-eyed peas shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tbsp.water shopping list
- 2 lemons,juiced salt to taste shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium heavy bottom saucepot,render the bacon over medium heat.
- Add the brea kfast sausage,cook till almost done.
- Add onions and the garlic and cook till slightly carmalized.
- Add celery and paprika and wilt;
- add beer,reduce by 1/2.
- add chicken stock,ham bone,and the fresh black-eyed peas.
- Simmer over LOW heat 1 1/2-2 hours until peas are fully cooked.
- ,and liquid has reduced to just cover the peas.
- you may need to add more chicken stock or water.
- Season with lemon juice and salt.
- Remove ham bone or hock before using.
- combine with the rice.
- May be prepared up to 2 days in advance.
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating8 people
A big bowl of this and I would need a nap. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Good recipes high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
this is always so good!midgelet in Eastern loved it