Anise cookies - anesplatzchenFrom midgelet 7 years ago
How to make it
- Beat eggs until fluffy in mixer bowl at medium speed.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Continue beating 20 minutes more ( a must ).
- At low speed blend in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add anise extract and beat only to blend.
- Drop by teaspoonsful on greased and floured baking sheets about 1/2 inch apart.
- Swirl each to make a circular form.
- You can bake these two ways.
- Either let stand on baking sheets for 8 hours at room temperature
- ( to dry out ) or bake immediately.
- Either way bake at 325 degrees about 10 minutes or until firm looking or set.
- cool on rack and store airtight.
- If made the first way to dry out these are a coffee dunker cookie or if baked immediately they are much softer and delicate.
- Either way they are delicious.
- I bake mine the second way.
- Yield about 5 dozen
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating9 people
Anise happens to be an appetite suppressant so these would actually be good before a meal!!! Thank you for the great and very useful recipe post!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
Love these, my sister use to make them every year around the holidays. Her's were firm but yet a bit chewy, would you get this result by letting them sit or baking right away? You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
tastey little morsels luv these cookies thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Cookies And Sweets452 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Bake Sale126 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
German Recipes25 members
German Food68 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members