Sweet Potato SaladFrom hot_it_up 5 years ago
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped dates shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes (do not overcook).
- Drain; toss with the lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, honey, orange peel, ginger, salt and nutmeg. Add the warm potatoes, celery and dates. Toss to coat well. Cover and chill.
- At least this site is helping me get all my recipes broke down into measures. When cooking I don't measure to often.
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating9 people
I love this recipe and will make it soon and also for thanksgiving. Wonderful flavors. Saved and flagged.victoriaregina in USA loved it
Love thishungrybear in Miner loved it
One great recipes! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!