How to Make Salt Dough PumpkinsFrom tuilelaith 4 years ago
How to make it
- Make your salt dough first. In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Next add your hot water and knead until the dough becomes elastic.
- If the dough is too dry, add more water.
- Pull off a piece from your kneaded dough, and form a ball in your hand.
- The size of the ball will determine the size of your pumpkin.
- You can make very large pumpkins or very small ones.
- The choice is yours.
- With your thumb, make a smooth impression on the top of your ball-shaped dough.
- This is the spot where you will add the pumpkin stem.
- You can smooth it out with a damp finger to give it a more realistic appearance.
- Pull off another piece of dough and form it into a cone with your fingers.
- Give it a slight tug to elongate it and give it that pumpkin-stem look.
- Attach the stem into the recess you made on top of your pumpkin.
- It may be necessary to moisten the area with a damp finger for better adhesion.
- With a toothpick, gently create the vertical lines of the pumpkin.
- This can be done by carefully running the toothpick down the pumpkin from top to bottom, skipping a section and making another line.
- This will give it the look of a real pumpkin.
- Allow your pumpkin to dry thoroughly overnight.
- If you paint it too soon, it will absorb the paint, instead of creating a typical paint overlay.
- Paint your pumpkin an attractive orange and the stem a natural color, such as brown or green.
- When the paint dries, seal it with a spray lacquer.
- Embellish your pumpkin by adding glitter, sequins or other items that will make it stand out.
- By Jonae Fredericks
- eHow Contributing Writer
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating8 people
This is excellent Tuilelaith. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU so very much for posting this wonderful CRAFT RECIPE! You are a gem and HIGH 5!!!lor in Toronto loved it
you are a craft genius. Another high 5 for this one. My kids are gonna have fun with this one!ozsmom in Nepean loved it
Wonderful!!!!liezel in Bloemfontein loved it