Slow cooker mexican style beansFrom latinfoodie 7 years ago
- 2-3 lbs of dried pinto beans, sorted and rinsed. shopping list
- 1 pack of bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 bunch of cilantro, leaves chopped shopping list
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped shopping list
- 2-3 tbs of salt, TO TASTE shopping list
- 1/2 pepper shopping list
- 1 tbs garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of cumin shopping list
- 3 tsp of chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Place rinsed beans in a large bowl, cover generously with water and sit to soak overnight...
- In the morning, add beans to slow cooker with enough water to cover about1-2 inches. Add all seasonings.
- In a skillet add chopped bacon and cook until browned, remove from fat and place in slow cooker. In the same skillet, remove all but 2 tbs of fat. Add the onions and jalapeno and cook until soft. Add tomatoes and cilantro. Cook for about 5 mins until tender. Then add to slow cooker. TUrn slow cooker on Low and cook for 6-8 hours, until beans are cooked through. OR cook on high for about 5 hours. Taste for salt if necessary, adjust if needed. ENJOY!!!
The Cooklatinfoodie Somewhere, Dreamland
The Rating7 people
Good way to add extra taste to beans! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Good beanshungrybear in Miner loved it
All of the above! High 5.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!