Creamy Herbed Chicken StewFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 4 c ready-to-eat baby carrots shopping list
- 4 yukon gold potatoes,cut in 1-1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 large onion,chopped (1 c) shopping list
- @ med. stalks celery,sliced (1 c) shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 3 c chicken broth shopping list
- 2 c fresh snap peas shopping list
- 1 c heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 c flour shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Spray 5 to 6 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray. Place carrots,potatoes,onion and celery in cooker. Sprinkle with 1 tsp thyme,the salt and pepper. Top with chicken;pour in broth.
- Cover;cook on low 7 to 8 hours,adding pea pods last 5 to 10 mins. of cooking.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from cooker to serving bowl,using slotted spon;cover to keep warm. Increase heat setting to high. In small bowl,mix cream,flour and 1 tsp thyme;stir into liquid n cooker. Cover;cook about 10 mins or till thickened. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating9 people
Wonderful recipe... sounds delicious! Great comfort food...especially going into fall and winter.
Thanks for sharing this 5 Fork recipe...
Deb~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
This looks great, wish I had all the ingredients for dinner. Great post.m2googee in Tomball loved it
Love a good stew too!wttothemax in SE loved it