Beef and NoodlesFrom modmom50 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs lean stew meat shopping list
- 2 pkgs au jou mix prepared as per package directions shopping list
- water needed for the au jou mixes shopping list
- 1 large package frozen egg noodles (can use dry noodles but it will be a far inferior experience using them) shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the au jou mixes as recommended on the packages so will end up with 5 to 6 cups of au jou.
- Put the stew meat into the slow cooker.
- Pour the au jou juice over the meat and turn slow cooker onto high cooking till meat tender. Usually takes 6 to 8 hours.
- Check at 6 hours and if meat is beginning to get tender add the frozen egg noodles to the slow cooker.
- Continue cooking on high for another hour to let the noodles get done.
- You can use dry wide noodles but this is a hearty dish and the frozen egg noodles compliment the dish much better and soak up some of the juices with much better flavors.
- You can buy frozen egg noodles or make your own both are very good.
The Cookmodmom50 Lawrence, KS
The Rating2 people
I also love those frozen noodles.. When your working or busy.. they make the meal. I have to give this a try... Hubby can do this while I recoup from sugery.. Bookmarking now!linebb956 in La Feria loved it