Beef Stew In a CasseroleFrom gullion 5 years ago
- 2 lbs. stewing beef, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped coarsely shopping list
- 1 large potato, peeled sliced shopping list
- 1 parsnip, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups corn flakes or potato crisps, crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in skillet until melted.
- Cook meat until it is brown.
- Remove meat and set aside in a bowl and saute onion in the same skillet until tender.
- Add the broth and beef, bring to a boil, then simmer for 50 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour beef into casserole dish and layer the sliced potatoes, parsnips and carrots over the beef.
- Blend the milk, soup, sour cream, salt and pepper and pour over beef, potatoes, parsnips and carrots.
- Sprinkle with cheese and crushed corn flakes.
- Bake about 1-1/2 hours.
The Cookgullion Glasgow, GB
The Rating10 people
You've been busier than I thought. Well done my friend and another excellent recipe. HIGH 5++++ but where's the Whiskey??? LOLlor in Toronto loved it
nice stew-yum!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Super!pleclare in Framingham loved it