Chocolate Dobash CakeFrom annieamie 3 years ago
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- » Frosting: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 8-inch pans.
- Beat egg whites until frothy and gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until stiff.
- Sift together remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- Make a well in center; add oil and half of milk.
- Beat until well-blended at medium speed.
- Add remaining milk and egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- Fold mixture into egg whites.
- Pour batter into pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool, then slice each layer in half to make 4 layers.
- To prepare frosting:
- Combine water, sugar, salt and butter in saucepan and bring to boil. Combine cocoa, cornstarch and water; add to boiling mixture and return to boil.
- Cool completely.
- Frost between cooled layers, sides and top.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating5 people
I've never heard of Dobash......sounds interesting :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
Same here. Looks delish!californiacook in loved it
Glad I'm not the only one wondering what a dobash is, but looks n sounds very good.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it