Easy Custard Bread Pudding with Almond SauceFrom sweetwords 7 years ago
- For bread Pudding: shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (the more authentic, the better) shopping list
- 1 qt half-and-half shopping list
- 6-8 leftover dinner rolls, 4-5 hot dog buns, or other soft roll shopping list
- For almond Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup real butter (1 stick) shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 6oz evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Beat or whisk eggs until light colored and slightly thickened. Whisk a little longer.
- Whisk in sugar until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla and half-and-half.
- Pour into sprayed 3qt glass casserole.
- Tear rolls into 4-6 pieces or smaller, drop and press gently into egg mixture. No soaking required.
- Bake 45 minutes or until set.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes.
- For sauce:
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sugar.
- Add milk and flour and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond extract.
- Serve sauce over warm bread pudding.
- I was going to give this to my sister, a bread pudding fan, but my husband said he'd have to kill me!
The Cooksweetwords Raleigh, MS
The Rating4 people
I dearly love bread pudding... want to try this one.....thanks for a great post!zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Love bread pudding...and the almond sauce sounds great! Thanks for sharing...
Deb ^5debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Very good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!