Perfect - Pie CrustFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
How to make it
- MAKES: two 10-inch crusts.
- Dice the butter and return it to the refrigerator while you prepare the flour mixture.
- Place the flour, salt and sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse a few times to mix.
- Add the butter and shortening.
- Pulse 8 to 12 times, until the butter is the size of peas.
- With the machine running, pour the ice water down the feed tube and pulse the machine until the dough begins to form a ball.
- Dump out on a floured board and roll into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half.
- Roll each piece on a well-floured board into a circle, rolling from the center to the edge, turning and flouring the dough to make sure it doesn't stick to the board.
- Fold the dough in half, place in a pie pan and unfold to fit the pan.
- Repeat with the top crust.
- Photograph by Quentin Bacon
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating3 people
Sounds great. I have always used shortening in my pie crust but will now try this combo with the butter.
Thanks for the nice post.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
What a lovely looking crust! Thank you for sharing the recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Love flaky pie crusts.. FIVE to ya! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!