Creamy Pumpkin Rice PuddingFrom mrsc543 4 years ago
- 2/3 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice shopping list
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins shopping list
- 1 medium red apple and/or green pear, cored and thinly sliced (1 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted shopping list
- 2 Tbsp honey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small saucepan combine water and rice. Bring boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed, stirring once.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, pie spice, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir in rice and 1/2 cup of the cranberries.
- Pour mixture into 1 1/2-quart straight-sided deep baking dish.
- Place dish in baking pan on oven rack. Pour boiling water into baking pan until water comes halfway up sides of baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes; stir. Bake 35 minutes more or until outside edge appears set.
- Remove dish from oven and cool slightly on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine remaining 1/4 cup cranberries and boiling water to cover. Let stand 15 minutes; drain.
- Just before serving, toss together apple, walnuts,honey and cranberries.
- Spoon over pudding. Serve warm.
- To store, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating8 people
Nice!!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
never saw a rice pudding I didnt luv thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love thishungrybear in Miner loved it