Sushi Candy Makes the Perfect Halloween Rice Crispy TreatsFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
How to make it
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the rice crispy treats portion of this candy sushi first:
- Heat butter in a large (5-quart) saucepan over low heat.
- Spray a silicone spatula (compare prices) or a regular spatula with nonstick cooking spray. Add marshmallows, and stir continuously until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Stir in cereal until cereal is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Spread rice crispy mixture on prepared parchment paper into an even rectangle, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Let cool completely.
- Trim edges of rice crispy treat mixture to make a rectangle with straight lines.
- Turn rectangle so the short end is facing you.
- Break apart Kit Kat bars and line up in a single horizontal line along one end of the rice crispy treats rectangle, leaving a border of about 1 inch at the end toward you.
- Place candy corn in a single line next to the Kit Kat bars
- Using the parchment paper to help you if needed, fold the short end of the rice crispy treats mixture over the candy corn -- roll over just once -- and press together with your hands to make the sushi roll firm.
- Trim with a sharp knife to make a nice, neat candy sushi roll.
- Wrap fruit roll-ups around the candy sushi roll.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 1-inch sushi candy pieces.
- Repeat with remaining rice crispy treat mixture and candy
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating5 people
Now THIS could really scare the kiddies! Love it.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
How fun this would be to make...five from me.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Another cool idea, thank you so much for posting!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!