Kates Blue-Ribbon cinnamon walnut Coffee CakeFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray for baking shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 8-oz. carton dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Spray a 10-inch fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray or grease and flour; set pan aside. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir together eggs, 1 cup granulated sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir just until moistened. Add sour cream and stir vigorously until batter is smooth.
- 3. For streusel: In a small bowl, stir together walnuts, brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 4. Spoon one-third of the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with one-third of the streusel. Repeat layers with remaining batter and streusel.
- 5. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. To remove cake from pan, cover with an inverted serving plate and turn cake onto plate. Serve warm.
- Makes 12 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- hungrybear Miner, MO
- cuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- krystynainsydney Bondi Junction, AU
- meileen Zhuhai GuangDong, CN
- cutegirl23 California, LA
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- valinkenmore Malott, WA
- midgelet Eastern, USA
- deannafaye Grand Junction, CO
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating9 people
cant help but not luuv this one gonna print copy for daughter and I thanks Peetabearmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
YUM!!!! High 5!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
I,ve never baked anything, but I am going to try this.
TerryRterryr in Vallejo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!