4 Times The Taste Carrot CakeFrom bitsyskitchen 10 years ago
- 6 cups grated carrots shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and brown sugar. Set aside for 60 minutes, then stir in raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the white sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the wet mixture until absorbed. Finally stir in the carrot mixture and the walnuts. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. When completely cooled, half each layer, frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting. (Perfect Cream Cheese Frosting)
The Cookbitsyskitchen Beautiful Coast, CA
The Rating26 people
I love this carrot cake! I also use applesauce and tried it with pecans and I like the touch of coconutpsy333che in Long Branch loved it
I made this for Easter dessert, and it's just fabulous! I only made the 2 layers, though, as I was short on time. The only changes I made, were to use Splenda granular and Splenda brown sugar blend. It came out perfectly! I also don't have a "go ...moreelle in loved it
This looks SO GOOD - like the one served at our favorite coffeehouse back in Seattle. I can't wait to try this - I love a dense, fruity, moist carrot cake - smothered in cream cheese frosting, of course!jaeleepoms in Mason loved it