Chipotle Shredded BeefFrom lanabade 3 years ago
- 2lb. boneless eye round,trimmed,cut into small chunks shopping list
- 1 small onion,thinly sliced. shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic,crushed shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled chorizo shopping list
- 1 small onion,chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic,minced shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp'dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 cup bottled chipotle sauce. shopping list
- 2 medium avocados,sliced shopping list
- Additional onion slices shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the beef,sliced onion,crushed garlic,and salt in a large saucepan.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to boiling;skim off any foam.
- SIMMER,uncovered,over medium-low heat,1 hour or until tender.
- Use a slootted spoon,transfer beef to a bowl.
- SHRED meat with 2 forks,set aside.
- Reserve the broth.
- Heat medium skillet over medum heat.
- Add chorizo.
- Cook ans stir 5 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Add chopped onion and other minced garlic,cook 5 minutes.,or until tender.
- Add beef,tomatoes,oregano,thyme,bay leaf,and chipotle sauce.
- Cook 15 minutes,stiring occasionally .
- If needed,add up tp 1 cup of reserved broth to keep mixture moist.
- Serve with avocado and the extra onion slices,on a pita,fresh roll,or just plain.
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating8 people
I bet this is really tasty!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
This sounds delish! thank you, Lanablade!! 5555555555555555555555ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
this will be a hit..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it