Cream Of Avocado And Mushroom SoupFrom hot_it_up 7 years ago
- 2 ripe, avocados shopping list
- 16 ounces or two cups mushrooms chopped to desired size shopping list
- 1 CUP half and half shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 stick. butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan, saute mushrooms in 1/2 stick of the butter on medium until just tender. Add the rest of the butter,
- flour and garlic stir for 1 minute. Add1/2 cup of the half and half lower heat to low, season and cover.
- While mushrooms are simmering , remove pits and flesh from avocados and dice to a size that will easily blend smooth in a blender.
- Add the avocado and the rest of the half and half plus the 1/4 milk into a blender and blend till smooth. The mushrooms should be just
- right by this point. Add the contents of the blender and the basil to the sauce pan stir well and taste for seasoning. Let simmer
- until desired thickness and flavor has been achieved. I like a creamy thickness for serving as a soup, or let it reduce more to make
- a great green bean casserole. Just make the classic with the French fried onions, just omit the can of mushroom soup. Heck if you went as far as to make your on soup. Make that casserole any ol way you please.
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating11 people
This sounds delicious. Serving avocados cooked is really an unusual idea.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
i like ithungrybear in Miner loved it
Now this would be a good soup!! high 5!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!