Shrimp Dumplings With Sesame Dipping SauceFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- DIPPING SAUCE: shopping list
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 whole scallion, finely chopped (about 1 Tbs) shopping list
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- pinch of crushed red pepper shopping list
- DUMPLINGS: shopping list
- ½ lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 4 whole scallions, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbs water chestnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbs minced peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 Tbs dry sherry shopping list
- 1 Tbs oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp Asian (dark) sesame oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large egg white shopping list
- 36 (3-inch) wonton wrappers (round or square) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Prepare dipping sauce: Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until blended; set aside.
- 2. Prepare filling: Process all dumpling ingredients (except wonton wrappers) in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3. Arrange wonton wrappers on a dry work surface. Place 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of each wrapper. Brush the edges of each wonton wrapper with water, then fold half circles (or triangles), pressing edges to seal. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers, to make 36 dumplings. Place completed dumplings on a baking sheet that has been lightly dusted with cornstarch. Cover with damp paper towels to avoid drying out.
- 4. Put 8 to 10 dumplings in a steamer basket; set in a saucepan over 1-inch of boiling water. Cover tightly and steam until dumplings are cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer the dumplings to a serving tray. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating11 people
I do not even like shrimp & when I can get out to the store, through black ice & snow, I'm gonna make these.
It's so much fun falling back in love with food that fell into disfavor or mistaste years ago, for forgotten reasons.:)
T...morejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
Can't wait to try these, they sound wonderful. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
I love shrimp, and dumplings as well - high five! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!