Ham and Potato SoupFrom mrsc543 4 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups peeled, diced potatoes shopping list
- 1/3 cup celery, diced shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced, cooked ham shopping list
- 3 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp ground white or black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 5 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 5 Tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- Combine potatoes, celery, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork and cook, stirring constantly until thick. about 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added,
- Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.